Tulsa Spider Control
Keep Your Home Safe & Clean with Manning Pest Services
Spiders are essential to our ecosystem, and they eat many of the insects we find to be a nuisance. However, this does not mean that you want spiders overrunning your homes. Their webs are messy and collect dust, dirt, and dead insects. Furthermore, many spiders are poisonous and prone to biting. If you are struggling with a spider infestation in your home or on your property in Tulsa, Manning Pest Services can help.
Types of Spiders Found in Arkansas Homes
Spiders are common, and you've most likely seen them in your home before. The odd spider isn't a big deal, and most are small and don't cause us too many problems. Even some of the little spiders that bite are not a big deal, and most people will just experience an annoyance akin to a mosquito bite. However, there are a few spiders that are more dangerous to humans, like black widow spiders.
Common spiders found in households in Tulsa include:
- American house spiders: these spiders are small and harmless to humans. Many people elect to keep them around as they eat insects and typically only make webs in out of the way places like attics and basements.
- Yellow garden spiders: harmless to humans, these spiders tend to stay outside and help eat mosquitos, flies, and other insects.
- Barn funnel weaver spiders: sometimes mistaken as a brown recluse because they too are brown, these spiders are widespread, and people often find them in bathtubs at night. These spiders are harmless to humans and rarely bite
- Black widow spiders: easily identifiable by their black bodies and red hourglass marking, these spiders are poisonous, and their bite is harmful to humans. If you are bitten, you should seek medical attention right away.
- Brown recluse spiders: this small, brown spider is notorious for its venomous bite, but they tend to be shy and avoid people. That being said, if you are bitten, you should seek medical attention, and then a pest control specialist to have them exterminated.
Regardless of the type of spider, if you are experiencing an influx of these pests in your home, we can help. Call our spider control technicians in Tulsa and the surrounding areas to learn more.
Protecting Your Home from Spiders
Spiders are drawn inside, looking for warmth, food, and moisture. While we cannot entirely prevent the odd spider from finding its way inside, there is a lot you can do to avoid an infestation. This involves making your home less hospitable to spiders, and by paying attention to the signs that spiders are setting up residence.
To help prevent a spider infestation, you should:
- Keep your home clear of clutter and piles of debris
- Dust regularly, including bookshelves, the back of cupboards, and ceiling corners
- Look inside boxes and containers before sticking your hands in them, especially if they have sat undisturbed for a long time
- Keep basements, attics, garden sheds, and garages clean and tidy
- Check woodpiles before sticking your hands in them as spiders, especially black widows, like hanging out here
If you notice a lot of spiders, or if you see spider sacs around your property, you should contact an experienced pest control company, like Manning Pest Services, to perform spider control services. This will keep your home clear of spiders and your family and pets safe from potentially venomous spiders.
We Back Up Our Services
Since 2014, our spider control team in Tulsa has provided customers with the gold standard in pest control services. We will inspect your property, determine how and why spiders are getting in, and provide you with an extermination plan that best fits your needs. In addition to a one-time service that eradicates your current problem, we also offer enrollment in our Guardian Program. This innovative pest control program can be customized to suit your needs with either quarterly or monthly pest control treatments.
“Every staff member that we’ve dealt with has been so friendly!”- Kayla S.
“It's so refreshing to have someone with integrity and honor in who they are as a person and who also takes? pride in their career.”- Alina W.
“Appreciate the expert services of Manning Pest Services, Prompt, friendly. and professional! thumbs up!”- Jacqueta C.
Need Pest Solutions For Your Business?
We Offer Great Preventative Treatments